- Les Ballets de Monte Carlo
- Monaco Dance Forum
- Académie Princesse Grace
- Season 2022-2023
- BMC STREAM
The Academy aims to train professional dancers who will go on to join major international companies. To achieve this, we teach students to develop the essential qualities needed to perform in this industry, namely discipline, respect of the profession, empowerment of the choreographic artist, openness to the world of the arts and creating passion.
Studies take place over five years for students aged between 13 and 18 years. The classes are as follows:
- Classical dance lessons (classical, pas de deux, variations, pointes technic, boys technic)
- Contemporary dance lessons (choreography workshops, contemporary repertoire).
- Character dance workshops (Russian, Flamenco)
- Composition lessons (to a set of music, the student suggests dance steps resulting from personal research)
- Pilates lessons and physical training
- Music lessons
- Corps de Ballet lessons
- History of dance
- History of art
- Several performances per year
The students receive 2 end-of-term assessment reports which state their level in each discipline. At the end of the year, they sit an exam in front of a jury comprised of the academy's Director and the teaching staff, the directors of professional dance companies and professional guest dancers. The students who finished their studies receive a completion diploma (Certificat d'Aptitude de Danseur Professionnel).
The Académie’s management is committed to helping students find a job at the end of their training in the following ways:
- Preparing a presentation folder for auditions (photos, videos and CV)
- The Director personally contacts the Directors of Companies to organise auditions
The stage is an integral part of a dancer’s training.
The Academy performs on different stages of the Principality : Opera Garnier, Grimaldi Forum and Auditorium Rainier III. The Academy also provides the option of taking part in different events scheduled in the Principality of Monaco and abroad.
At the end of the season, the end of year gala is a highlight and unique stage experience for all the Academy’s students. In the prestigious Salle Garnier at the Monte-Carlo Opera, the very place where the Ballets Russes revolutionized the choreographic art, students perform internationally famous dance pieces and take part in a professional show.
The excellent academic results obtained by students are a source of pride for the Academy, which has established a sophisticated education system. This enables each student to remain registered in an establishment from their country of origin by following their studies online.
The success of our academic education relies on the quality of the educational and personalized support from which the students benefit during their formation in the Princess Grace Academy. Qualified teachers perform this task, constantly adapting to the needs of each student who automatically has a teacher who speaks his native tongue. This system allows the students to obtain the qualifications awarded by their country of origin.
For foreigner students, Academy provides also French and English class, apart from their academic studies, to allow them to communicate faster.
ANNUAL FEES & SCOLARSHIP
Professional programme: 6 500 €
Includes the dance and artistic programme and the tutoring for studies programme (fees for registration in academic school non-included).
Boarding (accommodation + meals 7j/7): 6 500 €
Subscription fees: 150 €
Guarantee deposit: 150 €
The above guarantee deposit to cover medical fees and possible damages which may occur.
The Academy has created a scholarship system. These scholarships cover professional programme charges but also for some, the boarding as well as return travel to the country of origin. They are awarded according to the quality of the student and their family financial situation. That is why sponsors are always welcome to the Academy Princess Grace to help us make these young talents true professional dancers.
Training course for 1 pianist (beginner)
Advanced course for 1 pianist (with experience)
This training, given by Mr Massimiliano Greco, enables professional and graduate pianists to specialise as a piano accompanist for dance classes.
- the relationship between music and dance
- musical analysis of a ballet class and knowledge of ballet technique steps
- playing piano in ballet class - improvising at piano
- technique of "feeling the keyboard" while looking at the dancer
- choice of harmony and melody playing for ballet class
- choice and use of classical music repertoire in ballet class
- improvising on famous tunes from classical music repertoire
- analysis and improvisation of musical styles used in the ballet class
- analysis of ballet music repertoire and its use during ballet classes
Pianists will have the possibility to observe ballet classes every day and also to play during them, according with their skill.
Every class will be analysed during theory classes.
Training course: one month
Advanced course: on week
The duration could be adapted and organized on the personal skill and of each pianist.
Training course: 1000€ / month
Advanced course: 300€ / week
Candidates have to send their CV and photo by email: firstname.lastname@example.org